• Home
  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
GISTMINIA

No1 News & Entertainment Blog

  • Home
  • Naija News
  • Entertainment News
  • Celebrity News
  • Political News
  • Breaking News
  • Relationship
  • Gossips
Home » Crime » Robbers arrested while arguing over how to share their loot

Robbers arrested while arguing over how to share their loot

Add This To Del.icio.usTweet/ReTweet ThisShare on FacebookStumbleUpon ThisAdd toTechnoratiDigg This
Three members of a 5-man robbery gang Tope Oyeleye, aka Elede; Abiola Yekini and Yusuf Olohuntoba, aka Ete , were arrested on Monday by policemen attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of Agbado Police Division.
It was gathered that Elede and Ramoni, had robbed some houses in Owonikoko and Ayinla areas around 2am on Monday, where they stole money and phones, among other household items.
They were said to have met on a street in Ayinla to share their loot when an argument ensued among them over how to share the loot.
A resident on the street reportedly saw them and called the police, who quickly got tot eh area and arrested three of them.
Items recovered from them include 16 phones, one DVD player, two cut-to-size guns with a live cartridge, two spanners, a burglar proof cutter, among others.
Twenty-one-year old Elede, who hails from Ekiti State, confessed to the crime. He said:
“I was initially selling cannabis, but I joined a robbery gang three years ago when I was not making enough money from the drug. We were seven in number bearing Oyenusi; I am Oyenusi 07. We robbed a banker of N7m early this year around RAFCO, Agbado. We killed him because he confronted us. I got N650,000 in that operation. The six others have been killed.
“We were six in the Monday night operation. I was given four phones and a sum of N2,000 as my share. There was an argument between Ramon, Sule, J.J, Absorber and I over the sharing formula. We were on it when the policemen came. Ete was not involved but he is my friend.”
Yekini, a 28-year-old indigene of Ibadan, said:
“I was introduced to the gang by a friend called Anu when I told him I needed N24,000 to pay my shop rent. I tried in vain to borrow the money from my neighbours.
“This is my first operation and my role was to stay outside to watch for other members robbing residents. I collected the four phones and N500 they gave me without arguing with them. I really regret what I did.”
Ete, who is a cobbler, said he was not a robber, adding that he was just a friend of Elede. However, the police said his fate would be determined after the investigation.

The Ogun State Police spokesperson, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the arrest. He said the suspects would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Eleweran, for further investigation.



Punch


Posted by Gistminia on Friday, December 4, 2015 - Rating: 4.5
Title : Robbers arrested while arguing over how to share their loot
Description : Three members of a 5-man robbery gang Tope Oyeleye, aka Elede; Abiola Yekini and Yusuf Olohuntoba, aka Ete , were arrested on Monday by p...
  • SHARES
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Pin
  • Share

0 Response to "Robbers arrested while arguing over how to share their loot "

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Subscribe For Free Updates

Popular Posts

  • Make Money from the comfort of your home
    Do you want to make money? Are you unemployed and want to make money from the comfort of your home? Or are you employed and in need of extr...
  • The long awaited AYEEN2016 empowerment program has finally arrived!
     The program kicked-off with collation and screening in some regions in Nigeria; there is still opportunity for people in the south west an...
  • Rio Olympics: Gay Olympics worker proposes to her Brazilian rugby player girlfriend on rugby pitch (photos)
    25 year old gay Rio Olympics stadium manager Marjorie Enya proposed to her rugby player girlfriend Isadora Cerullo on the rugby pitch on Mo...
  • Jennifer Lopez is pregnant with her 3rd baby at 47?
    I'm not sure I believe this story but that is what RadarOnline is claiming...read their report below... Jennifer Lopez is pregnant at ...
  • UEFA Best player Award: Lionel Messi misses out, as Gareth Bale & Antoinne Griezmann battle Cristiano Ronaldo for award
    Lionel Messi is not among the three finalists that will battle for this year's UEFA Best player in Europe Award. Atletico Madrid/Fran...
  • Kogi INEC office razed ahead of tommorrow's election
    Some thugs in Kogi state have burnt down the INEC office in Dekina local government area of the state. The thugs arrived the INEC office ...

Copyright © 2012 GISTMINIA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger