• Home
  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
GISTMINIA

No1 News & Entertainment Blog

  • Home
  • Naija News
  • Entertainment News
  • Celebrity News
  • Political News
  • Breaking News
  • Relationship
  • Gossips
Home » NEWS » Political » Why are people so anxious for Ministers – Pres.Buhari

Why are people so anxious for Ministers – Pres.Buhari

Add This To Del.icio.usTweet/ReTweet ThisShare on FacebookStumbleUpon ThisAdd toTechnoratiDigg This

Speaking to newsmen during the AU Summit in South Africa yesterday, president Buhari said he doesn't know why people are anxious about ministers, saying he's yet to appoint them because his predecessor’s transition committee submitted its report on the previous administration to him late.

“I don’t know why people are so anxious about ministers. But eventually we will have (them). But the main reason is that I have an interim committee which I agreed with the former President Jonathan that the ministers of the outgoing government should hand over their notes or their documents to this interim committee so that a position can be prepared for the new government to start from with clear records from ministers.

But the ministers knew that they were going while the technocrats, the permanent secretaries and directors and so on, would remain. If anything goes wrong they would be invited to explain, but unfortunately the outgoing government did not cooperate. 
So, what the committee did was to divide itself into about five sub-committees and got a resource person that was willing to come and bring the document, and so they prepared and I got the report I think three days ago."
“I was waiting for this report because I would like to know the position of things in the government especially in terms of finance and petroleum industry. So, I am not in a hurry to get ministers. 
I want to get ministers after at least I have seen the report because I don’t have to appoint a minister today and sack him the next week because this report would give me what actually happened in terms of security, and economy of the country. And since I have to have ministers from politicians and technocrats, I wouldn’t (like to) make the mistake of getting somebody, who has been involved on account of accountability." he said


Posted by Gistminia on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - Rating: 4.5
Title : Why are people so anxious for Ministers – Pres.Buhari
Description : Speaking to newsmen during the AU Summit in South Africa yesterday, president Buhari said he doesn't know why people are anxious abo...
  • SHARES
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Pin
  • Share

0 Response to "Why are people so anxious for Ministers – Pres.Buhari"

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Subscribe For Free Updates

Popular Posts

  • Make Money from the comfort of your home
    Do you want to make money? Are you unemployed and want to make money from the comfort of your home? Or are you employed and in need of extr...
  • The long awaited AYEEN2016 empowerment program has finally arrived!
     The program kicked-off with collation and screening in some regions in Nigeria; there is still opportunity for people in the south west an...
  • Rio Olympics: Gay Olympics worker proposes to her Brazilian rugby player girlfriend on rugby pitch (photos)
    25 year old gay Rio Olympics stadium manager Marjorie Enya proposed to her rugby player girlfriend Isadora Cerullo on the rugby pitch on Mo...
  • Jennifer Lopez is pregnant with her 3rd baby at 47?
    I'm not sure I believe this story but that is what RadarOnline is claiming...read their report below... Jennifer Lopez is pregnant at ...
  • UEFA Best player Award: Lionel Messi misses out, as Gareth Bale & Antoinne Griezmann battle Cristiano Ronaldo for award
    Lionel Messi is not among the three finalists that will battle for this year's UEFA Best player in Europe Award. Atletico Madrid/Fran...
  • Kogi INEC office razed ahead of tommorrow's election
    Some thugs in Kogi state have burnt down the INEC office in Dekina local government area of the state. The thugs arrived the INEC office ...

Copyright © 2012 GISTMINIA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger